Friday, May 23, 2008

At least I tried

ONO came home early today and I took advantage by going out earlier than usual (thanks, ONO!).

I'd like to run more in general (who wouldn't???) AND vary the types of runs to improve training, especially speed and endurance. So today I decided to try a tempo run, even though I'm still hacking and wheezing like someone in a consumption sanitarium from this "cold" the mini-muffins brought home from school.

I was ok for the first 2 miles but then I got really, really tired. My legs felt very heavy and I felt like I couldn't breathe very well. That's probably because I wasn't breathing very well. For the last 4 days my chest has felt like there is a tickly, sticky web of flem and mucous, capturing every molecule of oxygen and holding it prisoner in the top part of my lungs.

So much for breathing from the belly!

No comments: