Friday, September 5, 2008

A few words about Sarah

Govenor Palin has made a big splash in the political world. Despite our political and fiduciary differences, it does warm my heart to see a woman achieving success in a male-dominated field.

Out of curiosity, more than anything, I watched her RNC speech and I heard her now-famous self-identifying statement:

"What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick."

Definitely an attention getter.

I can see how a lot of women from a certain generation would find that statement appealing. My mom, for instance, was of the generation that started the first tentative tapping on the glass ceiling. These women had to fight and fight, get snarly, and be just as mean as the men. I really do understand, and appreciate the hard work they did.



That still doesn't change the fact that a pit bull basically can't be trusted with the safety of small children or other defenseless creatures.

And no amount of lipstick can pretty that up.

No comments: