Friday, December 21, 2007

Darkest Day






Today is Winter Solstice. There were 11 hours and 15 minutes of daylight today....if you want to call it that. It looked like this outside most of the day:

Luckily, I was able to run today. It really, really helps. It just might be the cure for my SAD, or at least a significant treatment. I've decided this because when I think about the rest of winter, I think 2 things:

1) The next 6 months brings a daily increase in sunlight.

2) Soon after New Year's I will begin serious training for the coming running season.

Just thinking about those things gives me a boost of positive energy.

Even so, while I'm not a pagan, I can totally understand why the Sun has been worshiped for thousands of years. Right now, in many places in the world, the new solar year is being celebrated.

No comments: