Thursday, April 16, 2009

All good things come to an end

Yesterday I had one of those RARE moments in parenting where everything went right. It was a nasty April day -- gloomy and spitting cold mist -- so what better way to spend the afternoon than bake cookies!

The mini-muffins were ALL about that (who wouldn't be??) so they helped me mix the batter cooperatively and nary an egg shell ended up in the bowl! They cheerfully licked whatever spoon or beater I gave them and then miraculously sat on the couch looking at an anatomy book I had recently bought for them.

Brennan was "explaining" the inner workings of the human body to Logan and Logan was in turn asking more questions. It was really quite cute and it took only a few minutes before I settled into a blissful state of semi-awareness. Humming to myself, I started the frosting, imagining the cutest spring-themed sugar cookies ever.

Moments later I heard

"I'm turning the page."

"No! I'M turning the page!"

whhhiiiine

"I'M turning the page!!"

louder whhhhiiiiine


RRRRRRIP

Thank goodness for the soothing properties of sugar cookies.

No comments: