Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This I Believe

Yesterday while driving back to the office I was listening to "All Things Considered" on NPR. For my more conservative readers, NPR is a news network that, unlike some other networks claim, reports information that is actually NEWS WORTHY and does it in a FAIR and BALANCED manner.

Anyhoo, I got caught up in one of the features that has been included occasionally on All Things Considered called "This I Believe." This has grabbed me before, but yesterday it REALLY got me, probably because I had left the house with a chronic family struggle stuck in my craw. I was trying to be a little quieter in myself so I could gain better perspective on the situation -- doing deep diaphragmatic breathing and the like -- so, true to the promise, this semi-meditative state opened me up.

If you have the opportunity, you check out the This I Believe web site. Basically everyday folks (just like me and you!) have shared their life philosophies in a personal essay.

Yesterday's personal essay was written by Muhammad Ali. That didn't do much for me but what did was the montage of excerpts from previously aired personal essays. This is the one that's had me thinking, HARD, for the last 24 hours or so:

"So I keep watching what I do to see what I actually believe."

Whoa.

I decided to do the same and will be reporting back. Care to join me?

1 comment:

ECrunnergirl said...

Ooohh...sounds interesting. Im always looking for something to believe in especially when it comes to myself....gonna check it out and yeah...I will join you!