Monday, October 1, 2007

Priviledged

Here's what I saw on my run today:

  • a big pile of what looked like dryer lint
  • a can of Cheez Whiz (I didn't stop to see if it was empty or not)
  • a wadded, mud-encrusted blue and white dish towel
  • a flattened PB&J sandwich with one bite out of the corner. Granted, it was made with that flavor-less, texture-less white bread.....I probably would have thrown it away too (or composted it)
  • one blue tube sock covered with grass
  • numerous piles of dog poo and fast food bags
  • lots and Lots and LOTS of the typical trash (cigarette butts, beer bottles, plastic wrapping, the ubiquitous Wal-Mart shopping bag, etc.)
Only in a wealthy nation can people afford to throw away this kind of stuff. Maybe it's time to bring back this commercial

1 comment:

Donita said...

AMEN sister!

BTW, chosen a tatoo yet? I forgot to ask you yesterday : )