Saturday, March 15, 2008

4 years already?!?!

It's really hard to believe that four years have gone by since Brennan's birth. We are SO happy to have him in our family. We worked, and worked at his conception, "failed" to conceive by the standard method so had to resort to getting assistance. I never forget that, even in the darkest moments of being his mother (and they're not really that dark....or that frequent).

In keeping with his "Lightming Aqueen" obsession, Brennan asked for a red birthday cake, which you see here:



The icing looks like blood dripping down the sides to me, but he liked it.

Here's the inside of the cake:




I know.....pretty scary. I searched and searched on line for some non-chemical way of making a cake red, and actually found some options, but they required lots of work and even more time. And, being the thoroughly modern mother that I am, I waited until the last minute to take care of his cake. So, I broke down and bought a package of red velvet cake mix. I figured with the amount of red dye #2 in the cake mix and that icing, we'd just take Brennan over to the hospital and ask them to hook him up to a line of chemotherapy -- a preventative measure, so to speak.

Mommy and Daddy love you, Brennan! From the moment you were born.....actually, long before that.


A few days old

1 year old

2 years old



No comments: