Saturday, March 8, 2008

Befy Update #8



Only 3 more months!
**************************************************************************************

Hi guys, I can´t believe how fast the time has gone by, it has now been six months since I´ve seen any of you accept Carter, weird, huh? This month has been interesting and fulfilling, with different problems and fun things.

After Carnaval I started back at school, this past month of classes has brought me closer to my girl friends who are all really wonderful people and provide me with never-ending emotional support. I felt really special on Valentine´s Day, which is the day of love AND friendship, becuase my friends and I all exchanged gifts. The other change in school is that I´ve kind of stopped doing the work for a few of my classes (namely Biology, Pre Military Instruction, and Geography), because the work is basically just copying from the book and I feel like I spend a lot of time learning nothing. So, the result of that is my failing those three classes this semester, but oh well, it´s not like it counts right?

This month has also gotten me more involved with Rotary and Rotaract, and broughten me closer to Beto (I´m pretty sure I mentioned him in the last note...). A couple of weekends ago I went with the Rotaract group to the beach for the weekend. The beach was about three hours away and we stayed in a posada, which is basically like a youth hostel, in that there aren´t any amenities and the rooms hold six people each. The beach was beautiful and had a river running into it, so you could get all dirty and sandy from the giant waves of the ocean and then wash it all off in the river. I had a great time hanging out with the crazy Rotaract kids, and the view on the drive home of the ocean at sunset is something I won´t forget in my entire life.

The other interesting thing is the political situation with Colombia and Ecuador, which I´m not going to comment too much on, since my dad gets nervous when I talk about politics on facebook. The only thing I have to say is that it might become hard to get food pretty soon, since they closed the borders economically with Colombia, and they provide most of the imported food. And that´s just when we finally got milk again! Anyway, read up on that in the news if you´re interested.

Well, I guess that´s about it for this month, I´m looking forward to the three months I have left here, especially the trip to La Gran Sabana in May, and a possible trip to Mérida in April with my host aunt. There is also the possibility of travelling over Semana Santa (basically a week of spring break) which starts the week after next.

I love all of you guys and I miss you lots and lots. My return date is June 15, so mark it on your calenders, and I can´t wait to see all of you!

Hugs and Kisses,

Bethany

No comments: