Saturday, August 9, 2008

A blase event that I ran well (title by ONO)

Even though I said I wouldn't, I ran another small town festival race this morning. I did it only because my friend Tara asked me to after she ran the Fisher Fair 5K with me last month.

It was a pretty good time. The race could have been organized a bit better but overall it was a good experience. We decided to run with each other through the race and both got PRs. It's both encouraging and challenging to have a friend by your side. She's still faster than me but it's ok. I have almost 20 years on her.

The only thing that marred my experience was a visit to the porta-potty. Ugh, I hate those things! I didn't get up early enough to complete my typical morning routine. Tara had this FABULOUS idea that there should be "Pee-only" porta-potties, and that if anyone did anything else, an alarm and flashing lights would go off. I think she's got a lucrative idea there! If that doesn't take off, maybe this will:




Here's the link in case you want to buy one.

1 comment:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

OMG! I saw these advertised for camping a while back, but never knew they still made them. I always figured everything would splash back onto you and just make you all, well, pee-ey.