Monday, August 4, 2008

Second try

Of course I'd pick one of the hottest days of the year to try 10 miles again. There was a heat advisory announced shortly after I left for the run.

I had high hopes for today. All of the factors that I thought contributed to the last 10 mile bust were carefully considered and changed:

Thicker, moisture wicking socks
More food
More water
More shade
Less asphalt

What I didn't have control over was the humidity.

I walked a LOT on this "run." I didn't even care. I almost asked a cop for a ride back to my car, but decided to at least walk. It took 2 hours and 30 minutes to do the 10 miles, and when I got back to the car my feet felt like hamburger and my body like it had been hit by a Mack truck.

It was VERY discouraging. My consolation was reminding myself that I'd exercised for 2 1/2 hours and a pile of Cheetos.

I love Cheetos.

I'll try again. I mean, that's what I'm all about. But it won't be until after Labor Day. For now, I'm looking forward to running another 5K with Tara this Saturday.

No comments: