Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sooooooo close

Yesterday I planned to do a long run. It had been a hell of a few days and the alcohol just wasn't cutting it as a stress reliever! I woke up in a funk (haven't been sleeping well lately) and just decided to run as long as it felt ok, even if that was only 2 or 3 miles. I just didn't care that much what happened, I just knew I needed to get out there and burn off the cortisol deposits that had been left in my cells.

Turns out I had one of my best runs EVER! I ran through campus, then by my office for a quick potty and water break. Besides that stop and one to manage a mini-crisis for Bethany, I ran the rest of the way.

When I mapped my run, I had gone 9.85 miles. 9.85

I was happy that I'd gone so far, and disappointed that I was THAT close to 10! And it wasn't like I couldn't have pulled out another one and a half tenths! I could have easily.

Geek Girl Misty was right. It definitely gets easier!

No comments: