Sunday, June 15, 2008

Experiencing technical difficulties

Today was the day that Befy was SUPPOSED to come home. We had changed all the rooms around, again, so she'd have her room back. I got the "Welcome Home" sign, and the bouquet of balloons to make her airport arrival more festive. The mini-muffins had been expectantly making black Xs on the calendar.

SIGH.

Her dad called at 7 this morning letting me know that she wouldn't be coming home today. Apparently, the travel agency that Rotary works with did not carry through Befy's change in her return date of June 15 to the airlines. So when she arrived today to check in, the airlines had a seat for her....on July 1, the Rotary return default date, but nothing for her today.

Fortunately for me, Befy's dad is the kind of person who enjoys making righteously indignant telephone calls, and I'm confident that he will contact every person with the tiniest bit of connection to this gaffe and give them what for.

Unfortunately for me, I have to wait ONE. MORE. DAY.

No comments: