Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mama got a new pair of shoes

Anyone who runs knows how important the shoes are. And if you're a woman who runs, they're DOUBLY important, because....well, because shoes are as important to a woman as her hair. Ladies, you know what I mean!!

I'd been a Saucony girl a few years back when I was running before I got pregnant with Brennan. That pregnancy was "assisted" and produced TWO embryos -- one of which became a "Vanishing Twin." But before the vanishing happened, my OB/endocrinologist said I had to stop running. Of course I did.

When I decided to start running again in January of '07, I thought I'd just pick back up with my Saucony's. Maybe my feet changed a lot with those last two pregnancies, or maybe Saucony significantly changed the design -- either way, those babies HURT! I kept getting blisters on my insteps. NOT a pleasant experience!

I trotted back to the store where I bought them and the kind, patient sales guy hooked me up with some Asics Kayanos, size 9. They were like butter. After a few months, when I had enough money for another pair, I went back. This time a skinny blond talked me into a size 9 1/2 of the Kayaon 14s. The first pair were Kayano 13s. Those 14s never, ever quite worked. It's frustrating because that's a LOT of money AND it meant less than enjoyable runs when I switched off.

This year I went back to the same store for new shoes and a kind, patient, skinny blond guy helped me. This is what I went home with:



Asics GT-2130s. Nice, nice, nice. They're the kind of shoes that once they're on, I don't even notice them.

What I want to know is WHY do shoe companies keep changing the design of the shoes???? WHY???? I say, just change the styling! We want PRETTY running shoes -- maybe pink and purple with sparkly things and/or flowers. Maybe something like this


or this

just the uppers. Not the soles of course. I would TOTALLY wear these shoes!

You know they have the technology. They just need a woman in charge.

1 comment:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I just got my beloved New balance 768 in PINK and WHITE. Not exactly bling bling, but it's a step.