Monday, November 17, 2008

Dances with snowflakes


That's what I did today. At least it felt like dancing. And yes, there were snowflakes. Lots of them, actually. And lots of wind.

Why does this matter? Two reasons.

First, it's November 17, and while a part of my brain is conscious of this date, the rest of me still thinks it's summer. Well, mid-September maybe. I mean, the grass is still green and some things in my flower beds are still blooming (I don't pay attention to those brown, withered things). So seeing this apparent blizzard (ok let's call it a squall), threw me squarely into reality.

And what did I do? Did I get my cozy woobie, some cocoa and a book and huddle up near the fireplace? No, I promptly when outside. And ran.

My original thought was to walk for an hour. After dutifully using the elliptical (AND lifting some weights) for nearly two weeks, the desperation to get outside was very high, so on went the cold gear and out the door I went.

I did walk....about half a mile, but then I noticed that my leg didn't hurt so I thought "what that heck!" and went for it. Of course then my leg DID hurt, but not enough to make me stop.

After about a mile I was feeling pretty darn good -- like I was dancing with the snowflakes.

Come on, Old Man. I'm ready for ya!

1 comment:

ECrunnergirl said...

YEAH! I love it! Way to beat old man winter :-} We had wind and snowflakes today too and I did spin inside the house.....but tomorrow I brave the cold....yuck. I am in the same mode as you.....still feels like late summer in my mind....and all this Christmas music and decorations at the store is killing me. Nothing like waking up to the holidays!!!

Good job on the cold weather run....its all good for the soul :)))