Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sidelined.....for now

Well, it appears that running the Allerton Park trail run causes

weeping,
wailing,
and gnashing of teeth.

Yes, the slippery, slimy mud, which caked onto my shoes, and the giant puddles I tried to jump at first but then just slogged through, along with my lack of training (probably the largest factor), has once again given me serious shin splints and I can't run without doing one or all of the above.

It really, really sucks.

It means I didn't run the 10K I had planned as my penultimate race for the year.

Did I say sucks yet? Yeah.

I will be using the eliptical for at least two more weeks and will try again around Thanksgiving -- just in time to work off all the Halloween candy, birthday cake, and other fatty, yummy stuff that's omnipresent this time of year.

At least I got a cool T-shirt.



My shoes? That's another story.

1 comment:

ECrunnergirl said...

So sorry to hear about those shin splints Lisa...that DOES suck girl! The T-shirt is cool though :-} Hope your legs get well soon...I know its no fun not being able to run and the timing of the year (Thanksgiving food....Christmas dinner etc etc) is the worst! Hang in there!!!