Saturday, January 5, 2008

Looking into the future (Part I)

I'm not a big resolution-type person. It's probably because I grew up with parents who didn't really make resolutions either -- if you were going to do something, you just did it.

Nope, no "resolutions," but for a few years we did have "Coming Year Predictions." My Mom, the social coordinator of our family (as most moms are), would plan the most festive New Year's Eve celebration a Southern Baptist minister's family could have. We'd have lots of treats that were typically forbidden during the rest of the year. That alone was pretty exciting. And then we'd write down what we thought would happen for each person in our family, fold up the slips of paper and Mom would save them somewhere so we could look at them on New Year's Eve the following year to see if they came "true." I don't even remember what some of the predictions were not to mention if they came true or not!

So, in honor of the New Year (and my Mom), I'm going to be making predictions for 3 areas of my life (thus, the "Part I"). This first set of predictions are about running.

In 2008 I predict that I will

1. complete at least one 10K
2. get sub-30 in at least one 5K
3. run at least 500 miles
4. get another pair of running shoes
5. get a pink running skirt
6. run in the U of I Armory at least once
7. join the Second Wind Running Club
8. run injury-free for the season

That last one if more wishful thinking than prediction, but so far so good!

No comments: