Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I was on TV!

I'm at home with the mini-muffins and my phone rings. I check the caller ID and don't recognize the number so ignore it. I do this when I'm with the mini-muffins because it's nearly impossible to have any kind of conversation with them in the background. I check the messages regularly and if it's a client, I stuff the kids in the closet and call them back. (JK)

I check the message and it's a reporter from one of the local news stations. Weird, and.....curious. She's asking me for an interview about couples fighting. OK, I can talk about that (both professionally AND personally) -- I've been interviewed before....over the phone. I call her back and say Sure! You can interview me, thinking it'll be over the phone. But no, she wants to come to my house and film me at 1 pm. It's now 11:30 am. OMG. I almost decline but then thought "Why not? You can't pay for that kind of advertising."

My brain flips into high gear as I survey the ever-present unkempt-ness in the house (if only the Feds would declare a State of Emergency for it. What I could do with a couple of billion!) Anyhoo, I get the house lookin' spiffy, call a friend, ask if I should wear white or black, whisk on make-up, tame the hair, secure one muffin in his room for "nap time." OK. I'm ready.

The reporter and camera man arrive, set up and I talk for about 30 minutes. You can see for yourself how much of that they used.

Here it is:

Oh well. I think this is why researchers and clinicians don't like the media.

2 comments:

Donita said...

That's so cool! BUT not enough Lisa camera time, in my opinion : )

Bo binnie said...

Well even if it wasn't very long, you still looked gorgeous during your 5 seconds of fame! (Are you SURE you're the "older" sister????)