Monday, February 11, 2008

Check #6 off the list

So I ran in the U of I Armory last night. It was just too dadgum cold to run outside. Ohhhhh I can't wait for spring!

Compared to outside, track running is pretty boring, at least the running part. However, track running can be quite interesting, especially when it's on a university campus.

At first I was a little intimidated and self-conscious being significantly older and heavier than the average track user. I just KNEW I was going to have to be in the "slow jogger" lane. But then I just started to notice things.

"That guy doesn't really move his left arm at all."

"Hey! Blondie! You need a proper running bra. Seriously!"
"How does he run so fast all hunched up like that?"

"Every time I come around this curve that guy starts doing pull-ups.. ..hmmm....Oooohhhhh. It's for Blondie."

"Her butt is bigger than mine.....I think. Yeah, her butt is definitely bigger. You know, that's quite a booty for a white girl...budonkadonk!"

It really helps the laps go by. All 38 of them.

No comments: