Friday, February 22, 2008

I just might change teams

If you know me at all, you know I'm a long-time member of Team Coffee! And if you have ever lived with me (or been around me in the morning), you know I'm pretty much like this:



But look at what ONO gave me for Valentine's Day:



Not only is this beautiful, it's amazingly functional. It's made of cast iron with a ceramic lining and a stainless infuser. It's actually gotten me drinking the green tea that Bethany brought back for me from Japan. I guess being brewed in a lovely vessel makes it taste better.

I'm pretty excited to explore the world of loose tea where I'm quickly discovering how many choices there are. A local magazine turned me on to The SimpleLeaf where one can purchase teas named "Honeybee Mild Oolong," and Pure Decadence Delicate White." Very intriguing...and probably enough to get me to play for Team Tea!

On second thought, I'll stick with Team Coffee! for the morning, when I can go through the motions of making a cup while still half asleep, and play for Team Tea! during the afternoon when I'm starting to drag and am Jonesin' for something sweet. This should work!

No comments: