Thursday, September 27, 2007

In the state of denial

So yesterday I'm up at the crack of dawn (Yes, the crack of dawn. No, I'm not exaggerating!) pushing Brennan's pee-soaked sheets into the washing machine when I hear Carter go into the bathroom and start taking a shower. That was unusual thing #1. Carter takes regular showers, just not at the crack of dawn. He's like most 15 year old boys in that he rolls out of bed 30 seconds before it's time to get in the van and go to school.

He comes into the laundry room after his shower and says "Mom, I don't have anything to wear." That would be unusual thing #2.

We go through each of his shirts and they are rejected for various reasons: too short, wore that 2 days ago, looks like a long sleeved "Beater," WAY too big, etc. He asks me if I have any plain white T-shirts he could wear. OK, something is definitely up!

I finally coax him into wearing one of the previously rejected shirts, some Levis and his black Converse. He looks good to me but he's still fussing about how loose the shirt is.

I say "Don't worry. I'm sure she already knows how awesome you are."

He says "Mom. I don't know what you're talking about."

No comments: